We value your privacy and take every step to ensure that your information remains confidential. The statement below is a summary of the policies employed by ZORB. Please direct all enquiries to them through one of the following means.
PO Box 12115
Phone: +64 7 343 7676
ZORB Rotorua complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 1st December 2020.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via our website related service, through our rider registration process on site, incident forms, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you book or use our service.
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity and ensure you fit our Health & Safety requirements for riding
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. through regular newsletters, remarketing, social media)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you, improving our booking process, fixing bugs and improving our efficiency, effectiveness and customer experience
- to respond to communications from you, including any complaints
- to conduct research and statistical analysis on user behaviour (on an anonymised basis) and keep an eye on trends so we can better understand how our customers interact with our business.
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claims made against us
- For any other purpose with your consent. Where we obtained your consent to use your personal information, for example for receiving marketing communications, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any third parties to perform services on our behalf, to process the information for us, or hold it on our behalf. These third parties include payment providers, technology providers, providers of business and marketing services and providers of software tools used by us in our business.
- While these third parties are primarily collecting this information on our behalf, some of these third parties also use the information that we provide them to support and improve the services they provide and to undertake data analytics projects. However, we do not permit them to use your personal information to market their or any other person’s services to you.
- We also require vendors to agree to this Policy before we will share information with them.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the companies social media accounts, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.